PILGRIMAGE TO ITALY
In the Footsteps of St. Josemaria Escriva & Jubilee Year of Mercy
NOVEMBER 3 to 14, 2016
In addition to the Jubilee Year of Mercy, this year marks the 70th anniversary of St. Josemaria Escriva’s arrival in Rome (June 23, 1946). Our pilgrimage is a unique opportunity to gain the indulgences of the Holy Year as well as to visit the places that were important and special to St. Josemaria – to see Rome as he saw Rome. A chaplain will accompany the group and each day will include Mass and time for private prayer and confession.
Fr. Charles Fanelli was ordained a priest for the Archdiocese of Chicago in 1970. He is currently Senior Priest in Residence at St. John Vianney Church in Northlake, Illinois. Fr. Fanelli is a member of the Priestly Society of the Holy Cross and has served as chaplain for the Chicago Blue Army and the Italian Catholic Federation in Chicago. Read more about Fr. Fanelli in this article that appeared in the Catholic New World in 2013: www.catholicnewworld.com/cnwonline/2013/1110/5min.aspx
12-DAY PILGRIMAGE RATE INCLUDES:
- Round-trip airfare from Chicago O’Hare Airport
- Private motor coach in Italy with private driver
- Transfers airport – hotel – airport
- Baggage porterage (1 bag per person)
- Hotel accommodations at first class properties
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Admission and tickets to all featured visits and events
- Juan Landa, from Mater Dei Tours, as Tour Director
- Roman Catholic Priest as Chaplain and Spiritual Director
- Spiritual program of daily Mass, confession, Holy Rosary, private prayer, meditations and additional devotions
- Local hotel taxes, hospitality taxes and service charges
- Gratuities for meal servers, bellboys, front desk and housekeepers
- Pilgrim Guide “St. Josemaria Escriva’s Rome”
- Full documentation packet with luggage tags, nametags and re-usable wallet
Not included in the rate:
- Gratuities for tour guide and bus driver (Suggested: $7/day/person for the tour guide and $3/day/person for the bus driver)
- Select meals and beverages with some meals
* The rate is per person based on double occupancy (2 people in 1 room) and round-trip airfare from Chicago O’Hare Airport. See the Registration Form for Land Only (no airfare) and single occupancy options.
Registration and Balance Due Deadline:
July 26, 2016
Space is limited. To confirm your reservation, please complete the Registration Form and submit it with your deposit to: Landa Cleary Travel Company, P.O. Box 323, Waunakee, WI 53597. Or you may fax it to: 608-849-4247.
All registrations and balance payments are due by July 26, 2016 (unless space sells out sooner).
For more information or for help with your reservation contact:
Mater Dei Tours
1-800-515-2632 or 608-849-4359
The pilgrimage is sponsored by the St. Josemaria Institute. The St. Josemaria Institute acts only as an agent and cannot be held responsible for losses, accidents and delays. For more information contact the St. Josemaria Institute at 630-541-9742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.