ABOUT THE RETREAT
A Spiritual Retreat in the Footsteps of Mary guides us through the life of Mary as we seek to renew and transform our own life of faith through prayer. Following in Mary’s example of responding to God’s call to love and serve unconditionally, we are each called to reach that same height of holiness.
As you listen to this retreat, you will be able to reflect with Mary upon the key moments the Holy Spirit impacted her life, culminating with the descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Mary, along with the apostles, were radically transformed by the Holy Spirit. Through spending time on retreat and allowing ourselves time to converse with God, we are allowing ourselves the opportunity to be transformed by the work of the Spirit so that we may faithfully continue on our journey toward heaven.
A Spiritual Retreat in the Footsteps of Mary is a collection of ten meditations preached by Rev. Javier del Castillo, priest of the Prelature of Opus Dei and Vice President of the St. Josemaria Institute.
Listen to the first meditation below and then complete the form to download the full retreat.
1. The Annunciation: Called to be Generous
2. The Visitation: The Joy of the Gospel Cannot Wait
3. The Magnificat: Humility, Humility, Humility
4. The Birth of Jesus: If God is With Us, Who Can Be Against Us?
5. The Flight Into Egypt: Sanctifying Poverty & Uncertainty
6. The Presentation: Waiting for Jesus in the Temple
7. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple: Seeking Truth
8. The Wedding at Cana: Ask and You Shall Receive
9. At Calvary: Pierced by the Sword, Strengthened by Love
10. Pentecost: Think Globally, Act Globally