Charity Consists in Understanding | Giving Tuesday 2022
St. Josemaria Escriva says, in Christ is Passing By (no. 124), that “…charity, more than in giving, consists in understanding.”
On this Giving Tuesday, when we are asked to be generous towards so many great causes, do we pause to truly understand what and how much is being asked of us?
In this spirit, we want to help make it easier to understand why the St. Josemaria Institute relies on your support, and the support of all the Friends of the St. Josemaria Institute.
The St. Josemaria Institute was founded to promote the life and teachings of St. Josemaria Escriva, and to spread devotion to him. We carry out this mission by developing and sharing content, podcasts, programs and resources inspired by his holy legacy. This great task needs your support for three important reasons:
- Our Team: Producing and sharing our content on a daily basis, all year round, is the full-time work of a small team.
- Our Distribution & Outreach: In addition to general operational expenses, we invest each month in maintaining and updating the various platforms through which we share our content with you and our growing audience of readers, listeners and friends around the world.
- Our Friends: Our goal is to keep as many of our resources as possible, free and accessible to everyone.
Every day we see how the St. Josemaria Institute is truly helping to spread the spirit and teachings of St. Josemaria among new friends and new places! As a result, we are not only being asked for more, but we want to do more. So, we need your support.
Following are some of the different ways that you can always help us:
- Become a donor: one-time or recurring
- Volunteer: board member, fundraiser, writer, copyeditor, graphic designer, or photographer
- Outreach: host local activities and programs inspired by our mission; connect and share our resources with other organizations and parishes
- Publicity: share our emails and help us increase subscribers; subscribe to our podcasts and leave a review; follow us on social media, don’t just scroll, but comment, save, like, and share our posts
- Sponsorship: help us develop and fund our annual conferences and seminars
- Shop: Visit our online shop for books, stationery, etc.
- Friendship: Write a testimonial or article that is reflective of our mission and spirit; share our articles, podcasts, etc., with all those who need it
Yes, we welcome help in many ways! And, we hope that it will inspire you to seek out enriching and meaningful ways to give today to the institute and to all the causes that are important to you.