Christ is Passing By is the first published collection of homilies by St Josemaria Escriva.
The 18 homilies in this collection follow the liturgical year, from Advent to the feast of Christ the King, and reflect how ordinary life, with its joys and sorrows, with its laughter and problems, can take on a new dimension when we recognize our human littleness alongside the infinite greatness of God and through our awareness that God delights in his creatures and wants them to become like him.
In these homilies, St Josemaria Escriva reminds us that: God speaks and we listen to him; God listens and we speak to him… “So, when a Christian sets out on this way of continuous relationship with the Lord—and it is a way open to everyone, not a path for certain privileged people—his interior life grows; it becomes secure and firm; and he keeps up this fight, both lovable and demanding, by doing the will of God in everything.”
INCLUDED IN THIS COLLECTION:
- The Christian Vocation (Advent)
- Marriage: A Christian Vocation (Feast of the Holy Family)
- Christian Respect for Persons and Their Freedom (Lent)
- The Eucharist, Mystery of Faith and Love (Holy Thursday)
- Christ’s Presence in Christians (Easter Sunday)
- To Jesus through Mary (May)
- Finding Peace in the Heart of Christ (Feast of the Sacred Heart)