PODCAST | First Week of Lent: Love Repays Love
[ View Transcript ]
In this podcast, Fr. Javier del Castillo invites us to reflect on how love makes God visible in the world because God gives himself entirely to us. “God is loving us with his 100%. He actually has nothing else to give us, except himself… Think of the Eucharist. There’s nothing else for Him to give.” And so, how can we pay back such great love? With love.
Recalling the Gospel passage of the Widow’s Mite, Fr. Javier reflects on Jesus’ comment to the Apostles: “She has put in from her want, not from her surplus.” This is an example of a worthy response to God’s love to hold nothing back. The only way to love God is to never be satisfied with what we have given up to this point. As St. Josemaria Escriva would say, “love is with love repaid.”
In this podcast, you will also hear how:
• If it is 100% of our love, then it is worthy of God.
• When we are united to God through the state of grace, we are able to love in and through the fulfillment of our ordinary duties.
• It’s a false assumption to think that in any vocation God does not ask us to give him 100%.
• Love is never satisfied with what it has done before because love is not about the logic of the least or the minimums.
• We cannot pay 100% of what we have been given, but we could do little details or pay attention to details of love and affection for others.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Visit “Lent 2023: Repaying Love with love” for podcasts and other resources to accompany you throughout the Lenten season.