PODCAST | To Whom Shall We Go?
Today on the podcast…
Faced with the present crisis of the Church, we are guided in this reflection to look to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Truth, for light and hope. Today we find ourselves in a similar situation as the Disciples of Jesus when he unveiled his teachings on the Eucharist in the Gospel of John (Jn 6:60-71). Many of the disciples felt that what Jesus was teaching was a hard saying and they turned away from him. What we see going on in the Church today is in a certain sense a very hard saying too; the answer, however, is not to turn away from Christ but to react the way Peter did and tell him: “Master, to whom shall we go?” (Jn 6:68).
- We want to read the signs of the time and see what Our Lord wants to tell us: “Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life” (Jn 6:68).
- The Church’s Founder is perfect; the constitution and law of the Church is Christ Himself; the Sacraments are perfect… The Truth that the Church teaches has no contradiction— it saves and liberates, and it is perfect.
- It is not about the ministers, the Church is about you as much as anybody else. We are called to change the world and the solution is Jesus Christ.
- Throughout the 2,000 year history of the Church there is a pattern of death and resurrection and then transformation… Now we have this crisis, but the Church will emerge because the Church is Divine.
- We should pray that those who act in His person are purified and act faithfully.
- “An act of faith: Nothing can prevail against God! Nothing can prevail against God’s people! —Don’t forget it.” (St. Josemaria Escriva; The Forge, no. 219)
- “Don’t lose heart. Carry on! Carry on with that holy stubbornness which in spiritual terms is called perseverance.” (St. Josemaria Escriva; The Forge, no. 220)
- “Fill yourself with confidence. The Mother we have is the Mother of God, the Most Blessed Virgin, the Queen of Heaven and the World.” (St. Josemaria Escriva; The Forge, no. 273)
TIPS FOR LISTENING
We encourage you to write down moments from the podcast that strike you, as well as the thoughts, inspirations and resolutions that arise from your prayer and reflection with our Meditation Journal Sheet. Download it here: Meditation Journal Page
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
Did you know that listeners like you are helping to make these podcasts possible? Let us know that our podcasts are important to you by showing your support today! Visit https://stjosemaria.org/give
Also, if you enjoyed today’s podcast, please leave a rating or review on iTunes.